Coffee is more than just one of the world’s most popular beverages. For the world’s 10 million smallholder coffee farmers – who produce roughly 70 percent of the world’s supply – coffee is the key to their access to food and clean water, and to their ability to pay for education, medicine, or a better home. Despite extensive growth within the coffee market, 80 percent of coffee farming families continue to live below the poverty line. TechnoServe is helping to build a sustainable global coffee industry that has the power to lift millions of men, women, and youth out of poverty for a more productive and prosperous future of coffee.
TechnoServe is currently seeking a driven coffee expert for the position of Program Manager, Forest Coffees to support TechnoServe’s Coffee Team, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Program Manager, Forest Coffees provides strategic and technical oversight for the forest coffee programs in Ethiopia. The position’s key responsibility is to ensure a high quality of program design and implementation. Additionally, the position supports efforts to promote Ethiopia’s forest coffees to Asian markets.
● Oversees implementation of programs with a constant drive for improved quality
● Ensures sound managerial and financial performance of programs by overseeing the management of program budgets, work plans, monitoring systems and key performance indicators (KPIs) Makes regular field visits and provide coaching to program staff and contractors to ensure program targets are met
● Oversees the development of materials to market Ethiopia’s forest coffees, including cup profile mapping, the Forest Coffee Atlas and other appropriate materials
● Facilitate relationships between Ethiopian coffee exporters and buyers of specialty coffees, especially in Asia
● Manage the mapping of Ethiopia’s forest coffee production areas
● Develops innovative approaches to TechnoServe’s work and share these innovations with the practice to promote the adoption of best practices
● Communicates progress, learnings, and achievements of the programs internally to the global practice.
● Supports identification of new and strategic program opportunities
● Assists in division and country-specific strategic planning related to the sector
● Represents TechnoServe in relevant events in the region
● Performs other related duties as required
Required Skills & Experience:
We’re looking for someone with integrity and passion about our mission and possesses the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, agricultural economics, international development or relevant field, with 7-10 years’ work experience, master’s degree with 5-7 years’ work experience preferred
● At least 5 years of multinational experience in coffee value chain development, agribusiness, business strategy, industry analysis, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation
● Strong leadership, supervisory, problem-solving, communication, and coordination skills required
● Demonstrated competency in program and staff management, coaching and team leadership
● Experience working on donor-funded projects is preferred
● Strategic and analytical thinking skills
● Exceptional interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
● Fluent user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
● Verbal and written fluency in English
The post Program Manager, Forest Coffees at Technoserve appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.