Under the general supervision of the Senior Physiotherapist the Physiotherapist is responsible for the administration of physical therapy treatment to patients
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments for admitted children and outpatients
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static treatment equipment
- Instructs, motivates and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as daily living activities
- Fits patients for adjusts, and trains patients in use and care for orthopedic braces, prosthesis and supportive devices such as crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Meets with physiotherapy unit supervisor and others to exchange, discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs
- Gives orientation to new assistant physiotherapists and directs and gives instructions to same
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, etc.
- Keeps records of both admitted and outpatients
- Participates in CE outreach program
- Performs any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Physiotherapy unit Supervisor or Technical Coordinator.
- Physiotherapy unit Supervisor
- BA/BSC Degree
- 2 years and above in related fields
The post Physiotherapist at Cheshire Ethiopia appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.