Organization: Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer (MEL Officer),
Reports to: M&E team Leader
Duty stations: Addis Ababa (1)
Mary Joy Development Association is a nonprofit development-oriented organization serves the community for the past 25+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education, and health with cross-cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project focusing on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service in SNNPRS, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a MEL officer to be based in Addis Ababa.
• The MEL Officer will closely work with the project team and sub-recipients implementing partners. S/he provides technical support in the areas of data collection, analysis and reporting to Community Volunteers (CVs) and Social Service Workers (SSWs). The MEL Officer is also responsible to provide MEL technical assistance to government partners (mainly BoWCA/BoLSA) and serves as a focal person to facilitate MEL task coordination among project key partners.
Essential job functions: duties and responsibilities
• Understand the data that should be reported to the central level from the region and provide technical Back up for the project team and sub-recipients.
• Make sure all the data collection and reporting tools are readily available and shared with the project team and sub-recipient partners on time.
• Collect data from the project team at the field and sub-recipients implementing partners, encode into the database and share with his/her supervisors.
• Provide onsite mentoring and coaching support to CVs, CCCs, SSWs and project teams and sub-recipients implementing partners on the use of the tools developed to track project progresses, data utilizations and on-time reporting.
• Provide training and technical assistance/ mentoring for the MoWCYA, BoWCYAs, and Woreda government offices on the utilization of OVC related data and database.
• Closely work and coordinate with MoWCYA on harmonizing the project database with the national child welfare database.
• Prepare and apply paper-based data collection tools
• Train the relevant project or partners’ staff on the use of tablet/mobile-based data collection tools and supervise the field data collection.
• Review and ensure the quality of data collected from the field (in the area where s/he is assigned)
• Collaborate work the project Database Office designing electronic data tracking templates and databases applying appropriate computer application software
• Maintain the database/s developed to track project activities and indicators.
• Closely work and collaborate with the project team on the overall MEL implementation (Capacity development, planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the program)
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
• University degree in statistics, information technology, demography, public health, epidemiology or other related fields
• Proven experience in database management and research.
• At least 2-year experience in MEL and quality assurance, quality improvement of social welfare development programs
• Experience in the planning and facilitation of training
• Fluent in written and spoken Amharic, English and the working language for the region s/he is assigned for. Other Ethiopian language skills are an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills
• Good oral and written comprehension skills
• Skilled in using application software such as MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and SPSS.
• Experience in using tablet/mobile based data collection
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Good technical skills in the areas of MEL, including system establishment and maintenance.
• Sound skills in analyzing, synthesizing, documenting and presenting results of epidemiologic and behavioral research in the field of Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development
• Knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to Public Health and Social Welfare Development
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Public Health -including HIV/AIDS- and Social Welfare Development.
• Strong capacity building skills
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills in Amharic, English and the working language for the region s/he assigned. Other Ethiopian language skills are an advantage.
• Willingness to travel to the field regularly
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 1-3 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
The post Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer at Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA) appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.