EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
We are looking for a qualified Lab technologist to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. The lab technologist will be responsible to analyse poultry samples and conduct test result.
- Receive or collect, label and process samples (blood, tissue, swab)
- Collect information and samples, such as blood and tissues from poultry .
- Execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Isolate, identify and prepare specimens for examination.
- Conduct standardized serological, biological, microbiological or biochemical test.
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Analyse experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas.
- Set up, adjust, calibrate, clean, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Monitor laboratory work to ensure compliance with set standards.
- Examine specimens to detect the presence of disease or other problems.
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Proven experience as Lab Technologist or relevant position.
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Valid laboratory technologist license/Experience.
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft office and other relevant computer programs and software.
- Working knowledge of MS office (especially Excel) and database systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write correspondence and reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Education Qualifications and Requirement
- Degree and above in biology, Veterinary Laboratory Technology or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a laboratory
The post Laboratory Technologist at EthioChicken appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.