- ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 15 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development.
Under the supervision of HR/Admin Assistant, the HR/Admin Intern will provide general Human Resource and administrative support for the department. She will manage different junior HR related activities including first phase recruitment processes, carry out administrative tasks like personnel file management, preparing & settling payments, and other clerical responsibilities as required.
Human Resource and Administration Related Issue
- Prepare job advertisement and post appropriate media for all local positions.
- Arrange incoming applications from internet (ethiojobs.net) and post office and makes first-phase screening. And makes first screening for lower grade positions when necessary.
- Arrangements for interviews and preparation of contracts for newly hired local staff.
- Makes flight bookings for all staff traveling on IRC business as well as for R&R.
- Manage all office supplies.
- Handles photocopying and scanning documents.
- Organize and document all the personnel files for all staffs of IRC on time and on a regular basis as per the personnel file check list of the organization.
- Audit the personnel files and check the fulfillment of all the mandatory documents and inform to the concerned HR person on time.
- Prepares payment requests for all administrative and human resource related payments when the need arises.
- Makes sure that all time and effort sheets are collected from all staffs and send to Addis HR.
- Assists in ordering & filing new employees contract agreement.
- Perform other tasks and support the team as per the assignment by the supervisor
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: All Hawassa Field Office Staffs, Addis HR/Admin Department, ET-HR/Admin departments and others department too as necessary.
- External: Relevant Government, Non-Government and International Organizations
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management or related field of studies from recognized high institutions.
- 0 year of experience/fresh graduates
- Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
- Excellent communication skill as well as e-mail communication skill.
- Fast learner
- Strong desire to grow professionally
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent language skill (in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
The post HR/Admin Intern at International Rescue Committee – IRC appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.