Organization: Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
External Vacancy announcement
JOB TITLE: HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Director
LOCATIONS: Addis Ababa
Mary Joy Development Association is a nonprofit development-oriented organization serves the community for the past 25+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education, and health with cross-cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project focusing on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service in SNNPRS, Mary Joy seeks to recruit an HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager to be based in Addis Ababa.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• The HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Officer is a member of Mary Joy staff for the USAID and Mary Joy partnership project on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service. S/he is a health professional and an expert in his/her field who takes part in the implementation of the HIV/AIDS and health-related activities of the program. S/he Provides evidence-based technical advice; develops strategic approaches to learning and leveraging HIV/AIDS programs throughout the portfolio, within the OVC program, and in collaboration with PEPFAR clinical and community programs as applicable.
• S/he represents the USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service Programs in meetings related to HIV/AIDS with the Regional Health Bureaus, partner organizations and different community structures.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical and programmatic oversight and support to the planning and implementation of HIV/AIDS and health program activities of the USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service
• Coordinate and Monitor the HIV/AIDS activities (HIV Testing and Counseling, referral and linkage, HIV treatment, adherence, viral load monitoring, etc.) undertaken by implementing partners of the program in collaboration with the Health Facilities,
• Provides on-site technical support to the project ‘s field program implementation
• Track progress against program descriptions, implementation plans, and work plans
• Assess progress and barriers to achievement, recommend action for improvement or modifications to address problems, and documents and highlights results
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to all project teams and sub-recipients who carry out HIV/AIDS activities within the program’s portfolio.
• Provide technical support in establishing strong linkages and referral systems between the Community and the health facilities for suitable HIV prevention, care, treatment and follow up activities.
• Organize and lead the technical outreach with implementing partners regarding required and requested HIV/AIDS and Health activities monitoring and reporting; collecting, managing, and analyzing data; and data quality assurance.
• Ensure that implementing partners work harmoniously together with the Regional Zonal and Woreda Health Bureaus and other health sectors to achieve the program’s overall HIV/AIDS and Health-related results.
• Provide leadership for monitoring, and evaluating of HIV/AIDS and health-related activities by ensuring that performance monitoring systems are in place and aligned with USAID HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service Strategy, PEPFAR, and UNAIDS 90/90/90 goals and guidance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• B.Sc. in Public Health/other related fields and 5-7 years of relevant experience in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and treatment as well as monitoring activities with international development programs.
• M. Sc./MPH in Public Health or related field, and 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and treatment as well as monitoring activities with international development programs.
• Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and a good understanding of the evidence-base National and Global HIV/AIDS programming.
• Strong track record of HIV/AIDS programming, and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
The post HIV/AIDS and Health Technical Manager at Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA) appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.