Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for CEFM & ASRHR Project Coordinator for SNNP Program Area, Hawassa who will be reporting to the Program Area Manager.
Project design, implementation and reporting
- Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program unit.
- Oversee the CEFM & ASRHR project implementation as per planned and required expectations and standards with local implementing partners.
- Prepare and develop, in consultation with appropriate stakeholders, annual work plans and project plans.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources with local implementing partners, including review and check project budgets and modifications on SAP when deemed necessary, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
- Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team.
- Ensure quality, complete and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and yearly program progress reports;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of CP and GE in program area.
- Provide leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CEFM & ASRHR project and child protection policy implementation standards at PA
- Document and share best practices with relevant stakeholders.
Policy engagement and networking
- Serve as a principal representative to regional child protection and ASRHR thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of child protection, GE and SRHR of adolescents to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conducts follow-ups and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to child protection, GE adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Partnership development and strengthening
- Periodically collect information about other organisations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment, sharing of best practices and leveraging for greater project impact.
- In support of the program area manager, manage the partnership in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
- Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation.
- Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the child protection, gender equality and health thematic areas team as well as in their individual development and performance management.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program Unit program and finance team members.
Thematic Integration of Child Protection, Gender Equality and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning
- Ensure that project activities align with Plan’s ASRHR policy
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) is fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to its area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that the CEFM & ASRHR project implementation is as per the required and expected standards on gender equality and adolescents’ sexual and reproductive health and rights especially for girls.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Social Work ,Gender and Public Health with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs. (education level above Bachelor will be an advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in the management of child protection focused projects, ASRH projects or Child Early and Forced Marriage related projects,
- Practical experiences on managing projects with local implementing partners,
- Good experience of financial tracking and management,
- Knowledge and experience on partnership,
- Experience working closely with relevant government sector offices at both Regional and Woreda level.
The post CEFM & ASRHR Project Coordinator at Plan International Ethiopia appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.