Business Development Advisor/Cluster focal (BDA/CF), as a new member in the AgroBIG Programme Technical assistance team, will be responsible for facilitating technical support and capacity building for small-scale entrepreneurs, farmers, farmer groups and primary cooperatives in agribusiness development, business planning and management. Particularly women and youth are targeted. Moreover, the advisor will support sector offices in three woredas to coordinate and supervise AgroBIG activity implementation and reporting. AgroBIG targets eight woredas in total, located east and south of Lake Tana.
Programme for Agro-Business Induced Growth in Amhara National Regional State ‘AgroBIG’ is a bilateral initiative, funded jointly by the governments of Ethiopia and Finland. AgroBIG targets eight woredas: North and South Achefer, North and South Mecha, Bahir Dar Zuria, Dera, Fogera and Libokemkem. The second phase of the Programme is on-going, to run till the end of 2021.
AgroBIG supports value addition in selected agricultural and horticulture value chains to increase incomes and create jobs for farming households and other value chain actors, particularly for women and youth. The Programme supports local governments, individual entrepreneurs and companies, farmers and their cooperatives through grants, loans, market system development, capacity building and technical assistance (TA). Business Development Advisor will complement the Programme TA team that currently consists of five national and two international experts. The TA team is employed by NIRAS (www.niras.com).
A. Specific responsibility areas and duties of Business Development Advisor/ Cluster Focal (3/4 of work time):
- Facilitate /provide technical support and trainings to targeted VC actors in developing business ideas and in preparing practical business plans;
- Support Programme Implementing partners (IP) to prepare training manuals/ materials on business development and management applicable to targeted beneficiaries
- Support IP’s, COSACUs and SACCOs to provide hands-on assistance, as per demands, for SMEs and entrepreneurs in business management, record keeping, HRM, marketing etc.
- Actively collect and share information of emerging business opportunities to potential entrepreneurs, enterprises and financiers, as appropriate.
- Monitor the capacity and knowledge gaps among IPs and beneficiaries affecting the competitiveness of targeted SMEs, cooperatives, individual entrepreneurs and farmers, and propose corrective measures as due.
- Support development of professional networks among and between value chain actors, COSACUs, SACCOs and Programme IPs;
- Liaise with relevant research and training institutions, identify and disseminate information of innovations, applicable technologies and approaches to programme stakeholders;
- Support organizing field/exposure visits to Programme decision makers and beneficiaries;
- Support and contribute to Programme annual work and activity planning and budgeting and to annual and end results surveys;
Coordination and management support in N/Achefer, S/Achefer and S/Mecha woredas (1/4 of work time)
- Support the woreda Programme focal persons and technical committee members in coordinating the implementation of work plan, respective activity planning, budgeting, internal reviews and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Participate in relevant planning and review meetings at woreda level (technical committee, monthly FFS review and planning meetings);
- Review periodical activity and progress reports compiled by Woreda AgroBIG focal persons, carry out the necessary QA;
- As per the Programme M&E framework, compile the monitoring data from the selected woredas;
- Full-time, 20 months
Duration of the assignment:
- 20 months, full-time.
- NIRAS / Programme for Agro-Business Induced Growth in Amhara (AgroBIG) (www.agrobig.org)
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, entrepreneurship, agriculture/ agricultural economics, financial services, marketing, or other relevant field. Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
Valuable experience and qualities:
- Familiar with business development policies, procedures and related public and private services;
- Experience in small-scale and gender-sensitive agribusiness development, business planning and mentoring; Experience in contract farming is an asset.
- Familiar with the Programme geographical area and its features in relation to agriculture and horticulture based business opportunities and development areas;
- Familiar with the principles of adult learning, experienced in designing and organizing workshops and trainings for extension staff, subject-matter specialists, entrepreneurs, farmers etc;
- Excellent networking and communication skills and team-work abilities;
- Uncompromised personal integrity;
- Fluency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Amharic.
The post Business Development Advisor for AgroBIG programme at Agro-BIG appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.