This is not a paid job but a volunteering opportunity to give back to the community we are part of. However, a modest amount of stipend will be given to support the living expense of volunteers.
The volunteers will support the implementation of a project aimed at improving the education situation of target children in conflict affected locations through designing a tailored training, in service support and deliver programs which could enable the capacity of partner and primary actors respond to emergency situations.
- Harer, Jigjiga, Negele and Dilla
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- A recognized BA level of qualification in education, psychology, Sociology and having volunteering experience is an advantage;
- Age 21-27 years of age
- Local resident of the placement locations
- Understanding of children and teachers’ needs in areas of basic education and psycho-social support
- Fluently speak the local language of the placement area and English
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent command of English language
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
The post Volunteering Opportunity-Community Worker at VSO Ethiopia appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.