The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Supply Chain Admin/Customer Service Desk Officer 2, based in Addis Ababa.
Supply-Chain Administrator 2 (in the Synergy system environment) or Customer Service Desk Officer 2 (in the OSCAR system environment) ensures that all requests are handled efficiently and effectively to meet needs in the field. S/he also makes information available to stakeholders.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes requisition orders according to the ICRC’s logistics and financial procedures.
- Analyses the requests received, identifying priorities and proposing alternatives if necessary.
- Recommends partial deliveries or ways to consolidate orders.
- May act as a statistician and brief staff requesting logistics services on tools and processes.
- Ensures that the priorities set by the Logistician are followed.
- Keeps those requesting services regularly informed about progress on their requests.
- Records and files documents pertaining to the ordering process; registers and transmits claims and remarks from those requesting services.
- Regularly analyses the supply-chain workload and proposes potential improvements, including to the customer service policy.
- Updates logistics dashboards, analyses trend and provides statistics.
- Contributes to supply-chain support for an assigned geographical area or specific group of products.
- Supervise and appraise one or several Supply-Chair Administrators 1 and forecaster.
Supply Chain Administration/Customer Service Desk and Planner
- Receives, plans and prioritizes orders (all Sx, OPs) from departments, sub-delegations and other sites and ensures a good electronic and hard filing of the SR’s.
- Creates a ticket in STM for those SRs created in JDE and Oscar Light and sends for validation to the concerned unit when necessary and requested
- Decides procurement mode in collaboration with Purchasing, Warehouse, IMPEX, Transport, LOG SCA GVA, LOG SCA LON and the requester: Local Procurement Request, Stock Requisition, Requisition Order to GVA or LON, IT or admin stock
- Acknowledges reception of SRs, indicating sourcing and approximate time of delivery. Keep on informing requesters on the status of their SRs, on an ad hoc/request basis or regularly, once every two weeks.
- Ensures all the duties, responsibilities and activities of planner are executed
- Operates all the necessary activities of a planner like generating Material Resource Planning (MRP)
- Ensures MRP are generated, all types Orders are released to purchasers and related activities are taken place.
- Follows up procurement with purchasers to make sure deadlines are met; Informs requester in case of problems.
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on Transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo.
- Follows up acknowledgement of reception of goods and services are done by all requesters in Oscar Light.
- Communicates with GVA and LON concerning Orders status report.
- Makes sure financial rules are applied (Petty Cash, HOD validation, PO, AoE…)
- Collaborates with Statistician for any requested information.
- Follows eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the supply chain.
- Replaces customer service desk and forecaster in their absence.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC’s activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
- Will be engaged in any duties and responsibilities assigned by ICRC when requested and necessary.
- Technical degree in logistics, administration or equivalent.
- Good command of spoken and written English and the local working language.
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
- Technical knowledge of products and services used by the ICRC.
- 6 years overall professional experience, including three years’ successful experience in a supply-chain/logistics department or similar.
- People-management experience an asset.
The post Supply Chain Admin/Customer Service Desk Officer 2 at The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.