Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Position: Senior Project Officer I – Regional Business Development
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station: Mekelle
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: October 23, 2019
• Promote the OSSs opportunity to potential private sector actors in potential areas;
• Gather, compile and provide information for evaluation of OSSs grant applicants, including performance of documentary and in-person due diligence of the applicant’s historical financial records;
• Support potential applicants for the sub-grant to produce competitive business plan.
• Assist OSSs grantees to access trade credit and commercial finance, to help meet their matching investment requirements and project implementation costs;
• Provide capacity building on financial management and business planning to OSSs staff and program beneficiaries over the life of the project;
• Facilitate training of OSSs staff in business management skills and technical trainings in collaboration with technical experts
• Provide all rounded technical support in relation to business management to OSSs as well as coaching and mentoring services to OSSs in the respective regions
• Coordinates and manage regional project staffs, responsible for reporting of the project activities in the region and overall communication with stakeholders in the region.
• In consultation with the regional ATA Director and program manager coordinate project activities with the ACC
• Ensure that OSSs keep recording of tractions ,keeping records of sales and also stock management and periodically check profitability OSSs by doing cost benefit analysis
• Ensure that OSSs have properly used the sub-grant as per the agreement entered with ATA
• Produce timely and quality periodic reports;
• Other duties assigned to him/her by the Regional Implementation Support Director.
• Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Agro-economics, Agri-business development, or relevant field required. Master’s degree is preferred;
• At least 8 years (for Bachelors) or 6 years (for Masters) of relevant experience in Business Management, preferably in the Agriculture sector;
• Experience with credit facilitation activities for donor-funded programs is a plus;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced proficiency in Excel;
• Proficiency in Peachtree Accounting system is required;
• Strong interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills;
• Fluency in English and local languages required;
• Strong communication skills and ability to work with people having different background.
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Mekelle
State : Tigray
Country : Ethiopia
The post Senior Project Officer I – Regional Business Dev’t at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.