Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Positions: Senior Data and Reporting Officer, Delivery Unit
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: December 08, 2019
• Working together with other DU staff, senior staff at ATA and others, support design, development and roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting templates, tools, processes and systems, and serve as a liaison and resource person for the DUs and host institution staff in these areas.
• Troubleshoot data collection and reporting tools, systems and activities.
• Apply data analysis and statistical techniques to assess trends, forecast future performance, and generate insights from data.
• Producing value added reports for decision-making through analysis and synthesis of data, and provision of recommendations.
• Develop data management and information exchange manuals and guidelines for effective data collection, storage, analysis and interpretation.
• Serve as point person in the DU to track progress and provide support on data collection and reports preparation.
• Continuously monitor and identify challenges to timely, accurate and effective reporting, and propose and support implementation of enhancements to tools, processes and systems to address these challenges.
• Support engagement and alignment with the Planning and Programming functions in each host institution in the areas of data collection and management systems, data analysis and reporting.
• Advise DU host institution staff and implementing partners on data collection, management and reporting activities required to support timely and effective reporting to senior leadership.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, business administration, or social sciences.
• At least 8 years of work experience with bachelor’s degree or 6 years of experience with master’s degree, with at least 2 years of this experience specifically focused on data collection, management, analysis and reporting activities in a large international NGO or private company setting.
• Experience with design, development and roll out of enhanced planning, project management and reporting templates, tools, processes and systems.
• Experience working with multiple types of data sources systems, tools and formats, extract, structure, process, analyze and synthesis data.
• Ideally some experience also preparing dashboards, performance reports and documents for senior leaders.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Very strong skills with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) required, experience with database systems preferable.
• Self-starter with strong motivation, ownership and commitment to drive transformation.
• Exhibits an innovative and high-performance mindset and culture and can perform at a high level under pressure and in challenging environments.
• Can act as a champion for change and can effectively support change management efforts.
• Strong team player with excellent relationship building and management skill, ability to promote dialogue and communicate clearly and confidently, and a network of professional contacts.
• Proactively seeks and acts on feedback to drive own development and contributes to others’ development through active coaching and sharing knowledge and best practices.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Fluency in English and Amharic languages.
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
The post Senior Data and Reporting Officer, Delivery Unit at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.