Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
Currently, Islamic relief is looking for qualified short term professional Secretary to replace staff who will be on maternity leave in Country Office, Addis Ababa.
Under the direction supervision of the Operation Support Manager, the incumbent of the post will provide general secretarial and administrational support to the departments and country office as a whole.
1. Planning and Reporting: Familiarizes with IR missions, values, principles, and procedures and facilitates their implementation. Plans daily, weekly and monthly activities and follow up on its implementation and report accordingly.
2. General Service: Responsible for keeping the organization’s office premises, furniture and fittings working condition smoothly and efficiently. Supervising the security guards and cleanliness of the office at all times.
3. Legal/Security: Ensure timely renewal of office service contracts like housing agreement, postal service, newspaper, security guard, cleaning service and other similar services. Communicate the necessary information to Cleaners and Security Guards and control Visitor log sheet.
4. Secretarial service: Assists the staff in overall clerical/secretarial duties.
5. Petty cash handling: Maintains petty cash fund of the Country Office in compliance of IR financial procedure.
6. Communication: Demonstrates the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Able to effectively present information for the overall staff of the organization. Updates staff with recent information/events via e-mail, notice board etc;
7. Documentation: Implement IR record policies and procedures. Maintain the existing centralized filing system both soft and hard copy for country office based on IR filing system and provides same support to field offices. In consultation with departments, ensures the day-to-day activities are documented properly with the relevant confidentiality.
8. Meetings: organizes and ensures smooth running of training/quarter and annual workshops/seminars/meetings and take minutes and proceedings, etc.
9. Reception: Receives all incoming and outgoing telephone calls with pleasant speaking tone and welcoming gesture, screen/answers and direct the calls accordingly. Ensures to maintain register for telephone list of contacts, regularly contact Field Offices to receive and send messages (txt) and distribute to concerned department/person timely. Ensures timely update of staff contact details. Receives incoming office guests/visitors and provides necessary information and direct them to concerned department/person.
10. Maintaining network relationship: Handles incoming mail, parcel and postage from general post office, DHL, EMS, etc register and dispatch to appropriate staff member. Dispatches all outgoing courier to overseas and in the country through post, EMS, DHL, etc. Handles all incoming/ outgoing pouch from country Office to Field Offices or oversees. Receives all incoming and outgoing official correspondences, letters, memos, from governmental/non-governmental offices and read, register, classify and direct to concerned department/person. Keeps record of network group addresses and update database regularly;
11. Monitor & Follow-up: Screens monthly IR bills settlement of telephone, fax, internet, electricity and water and ensures that payments were timely effected. Ensures on-time availability of mobile scratch cards to entitled staff.
12. Liaison: Processes airport pass and VIP permit for IR higher officials, delegates and guests’ on arrival and departure at the airport. Acts as a focal person for overall arrangement of high level delegates. Arranges accommodation for visitors and expatriates. Makes staff travel arrangements of IRE and International staff internal and external travel, following specific instruction and keeps travel itinerary upon request. Ensures to provide overall secretarial service for all incoming mission from project offices or Headquarters.
13. Team work: Facilitates the activities with departments to achieve the overall objective of the organizations.
14. AX: assists in raising PR in the AX system for those who does not have the access;
15. Perform other duties as required by the Office.
Required Qualification and Experience
· BA degree or Diploma in Secretarial Sciences, Management or other related field with a minimum of two or four year’s experiences respectively in administration and secretarial duties.
· NGO experience is an advantageous.
· Computer literacy, (Word Processing, Power Point, Spread sheet, Access) skills are essential;
· Ability to work under pressure, priorities and commitment in meeting deadlines;
· Very good written and spoken English, Amharic. Language of operation area is advantageous;
· Very good typing skill both in English and Amharic language;
· Commitment to the aims and objectives of IR;
· Able to show practical demonstration.
The post Secretary at Islamic Relief appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.