VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 09 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose; – Draw and submit representative samples of coffee/grain/pulse/oil seeds, in accordance with ECX sampling standards and procedures.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that all information on the sampling ticket corresponds to the vehicle that is ready for inspection;
- Checks cargo seal, canvas, cleanness of truck before commencing sampling;
- Ensures appropriate bag arrangement is prepared for sample taking;
- Checks number of bags and type (shape and size) conform to ECX standards;
- Ensures bag label color in the case of coffee matches the declared origin of the coffee;.
- Visually tests for infestation, cleanliness of bags and report discrepancies under “remarks” on the sampling ticket;
- Draws representative sample based on the Exchange standard;
- Makes segregation if the arrival consignment is heterogeneous in quality, processing and type;
- Visually inspects uniformity of samples while drawing of sample;
- Submits samples along with the signed sampling ticket;
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Qualification and Experience
- TVET 10+3Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent in Agribusiness, or related felid and 0 year Work Experience
The post Sampler I at Ethiopian Commodity Exchange appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.