Technical Support and Facilitation
· Meet with Amhara region Government officials to lay the ECSC-SUN regional support platform groundwork.
· Introduce the purpose and function of a civil society regional Support Platform.
· Conduct orientation sessions for selected member agencies.
· Support selected regional member agencies prepare a work plan and budget alignment and ensure its execution
· Establish a structural and administrative scheme for regional ESCS-SUN support platform.
· Carry out regular meetings with member agencies based on agreed Terms Of Reference (ToR)
· Host regional ECSC-SUN support platform steering committee meetings regularly.
· Work closely with regional level media agencies (private and government).
· Represent the coalition at regional coordination and lower level food and nutrition coordination platforms and workshops
· Strengthen the regional and sub-regional nutrition coordination system including nutrition coordination bodies, technical committees, and food and nutrition council.
Foster nutrition system strengthening to bring visible transformation in both nutrition-specific and sensitive sectors terms of: Nutrition workforce, Nutrition financing, Nutrition · supplies and logistics; Nutrition data management (information system), Nutrition governance and Community activities.· Share regular updates and reports to ECSC-SUN steering committee on emergency nutrition thematic focus and regional support platform activities at regional level.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Monitor and provide support for the implementation of regionalization and thematic focus initiatives through supportive supervision, mentoring, coaching, review meetings, capacity building and learning visits.
· Facilitate information sharing and lessons learned in nutrition interventions taking lead in review meetings/ regional workshops, experience sharing visits and documentation of project learning.
· Coordination and networking
· In collaboration with project manager, facilitate and participate regularly at Woreda level health and nutrition taskforce meetings to be chaired by the Woreda health office and/or Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Office/DPPO
· Establish and maintain smooth working relationships with Concern staff, government bodies and other stakeholders
· Planning, Reporting and Accountability
· Prepare monthly progress reports and any other required documentation for submission to the Project Manager
· Ensure weekly and monthly reports are submitted to the project manager using appropriate format (narrative and statistics with database)
· Ensure all final versions of reports meet Concern, and Donors’ specifications and are submitted to the Health& Nutrition Coordinator as per an agreed timeline.
· Report any problems in a timely manner to the H&N coordinator
· Ensure that program participants and stakeholders have clear information about the program activities as appropriate and relevant to them.
· At all times, adhere to policies and guidelines of Concern.
· Committed to CWW’s vision, mission and core values
· Ensure proper documentation of good practices, success stories, challenges for learning and sharing
Representation and Networking
· Represent Concern at various level fora and in selected technical working groups at regional level as required
Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
· BSc in nutrition / health related discipline with at least 3 years’ experience of nutrition programming in a development context.
· Experience in mentoring and training staff for building capacity building and of working with / supporting government institutions.
· Well acquainted with the national Nutrition Policy and programme
· Excellent analytical, monitoring and evaluation skills and the ability to write good quality reports in English.
· Good networking, representation and coordination skills– NGOs, UN and government agencies.
· Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive and with the ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
· Initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Experience in multi-sectoral programming and coordination
The post Nutrition Technical Officer at Concern Worldwide appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.