The Brooke is a leading UK equine welfare charity which has been working in Ethiopia since 2006 with a country office in Addis Ababa. The Brooke aims to improve the welfare of working equines, together with the livelihoods of people dependant on these animals. Brooke Ethiopia (B-Eth) has entered a new Strategic phase and by the year 2020, the Brooke Ethiopia will sustainably improve the equine welfare of some of the neediest rural and urban equines in Ethiopia. In order to achieve this, the role of Driver/Logistics Assistants is critical.
|Job title:||Logistics and Procurement Assistant|
|Current location:||Addis Ababa,|
|Reports to:||Administration Officer|
|Main purpose of the job:||The position holder work primarily the purchasing and procurement capacity, doing tasks such as scheduling material purchases and deliveries and verifying current inventory.|
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. Procurement Support
– Prepares, reviews and compiles bid documents, and assists in setting selection criteria;
– Prepares bid analysis and recommend the best offer as per selection criterion set;
– Prepares bid announcements and follows-up posing of same;
– Prepares contracts and purchase orders;
– Checks quality and availability of requested items and collects proforma accordingly;
– Follows up manufacture of samples and proof-reads, arrange technical inspection and final go-ahead orders;
– Inspects purchased items against specification and/or samples, collect and delivers to store;
– Follows up issuance of GRN, and updates procurement status report;
– Prepares payment requests and follows up collection of cheque;
– Maintains proper filling and documentation of procurement transaction;
– Advises staff members on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters;
– Summarize and prepares procurement status and purchase value reports;
– Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
– Undertake regular market and supplier’s assessments for most common procured items and maintain a database
– Proactively initiate process of developing Framework Agreement for most common goods / services.
– Coordinate purchase order/contract close out procedures when purchase orders/contracts are completed and payment done.
– Representation and liaison where and when needed
– Performs other related duties given by the immediate supervisor
2. Administrative Support
a. Payment of bills periodically as required.
b. Ensure that the vehicles are refuel promptly, that completed monthly log books are returned.
c. Support with service providers such as insurance companies, banks, Ethiopian Inland Revenue & Customs Authority, ChSA, Government Organizations, and Non- Government Organizations etc as required by Administration Officer.
d. Deliver mail and documents as assigned.
e. Perform other tasks as directed by the office
a. Ensure that the paper files throughout the office allow documents to be retrieved quickly and easily.
b. Maintain files relating to administration and office management, including correspondence, vehicle and property insurance.
c. Maintain smooth and efficient delivery and receiving of letters, documents, and other parcels (through post or hand delivered).
d. Follow up and update the management as well as relevant staff on new information and developments from the ChSA, CCERDA and other relevant areas for BE.
e. Place logbook for the vehicle and monitor records for accuracy and completeness.
f. To facilitate the installation, programming and maintenance of communications equipment, including telephones and fax.
g. Coordinate the quarterly and annual asset and equipment inventory in line with SCI Manual.
h. Follow up on vehicles maintenance and safety
i. Follow up on annual vehicle inspection
j. Prepare payments for purchase of fuel and other payments
k. Follow up insurance coverage of the vehicle
– BA degree in Procurement and Supply management, Business Administration or Relevant field
– Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
– Proven ability to build strong effective relationships with staff at all levels
– Used to multi-tasking and prioritizing, and able to effectively manage workload to meet deadlines
– Adaptable and flexible with a willingness to work with other members of the team to deliver a common goal
– Pro-active and solution-oriented
– Fluent written and spoken English and Amharic
– Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office, excel and PowerPoint
– Good communication skills
The post Logistics and Procurement Assistant at The Brooke Hospital for Animals appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.