Logistician 2 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- supply-chain management (manages and follows up on requests to ensure their timely treatment, provides customer desk service and carries out related reporting) collaborative demand planning (CDP).
- Trains ICRC staff in logistics procedures and mentors new staff within the Logistics Division.
- Planning and oversight of purchasing activities (purchase orders, supplier files, sourcing, etc.).
- Warehouse management.
- Ensuring compliance with financial and logistical procedures.
- Fleet management and Import-export activities.
- Transport and distribution activities.
- Filing and archiving.
- Coordination and follow-up on the supply pipeline with the Logistics Support Centre and/or headquarters.
Customer Service Desk/Supply Chain Administration
- Monitor, evaluate and supervise supply chain processes for all incoming orders (SRs and OPs).
- Approves and validates all incoming orders and purchasing files timely and regularly.
- Ensures timely follow up of orders and inform requesters on deadline and others relevant information.
- Establishes and maintains a file per ROs, update it with all correspondence and necessary documents.
- Follows ICRC rules, procedures and regulations concerning supply chain
- Proper follow up of supply chain filing & archiving, ensuring all relevant supporting documents are included.
- Validates electronically all orders in JDE and Oscar Light(OL).
- Provides assistance when necessary, related to supply chain activities.
- Has a clear overview of the status of items and order in the supply chain.
- Operating JDE and OL properly and regularly.
- Ensures correct purchasing procedures in reference to ICRC purchasing procedures, Financial rules and Code of Conduct are taken place.
- Follows the delivery schedule of the goods as per instructions in the relevant PO contracts
- Ensures that all other conditions agreed with the supplier have been met, i.e. quality and quantity, marking, etc. and reverts to supplier when different discrepancies identified.
- Negotiates with supplier’s best terms and conditions for ICRC purchases
- Participates in all tender processes
- Ensures that the appropriate parties have approved the ST and legal documents are provided.
- Ensures that high value purchases are conducted in liaison with Geneva and LSC Nairobi, for green light and in full conformity with the financial rules within the delegation, but also according to ICRC purchasing rules.
- Selects and evaluates suppliers with the buyers and logistics country manager.
- Coordinates with requester when items need specifications.
- Supervise, evaluate and monitor all purchasing activities.
- Regularly conducts market surveys and analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submit reports to his superior.
- Regularly visits and prospects new potential suppliers and existing as well
- Endures, and validate PO files in paperless/Profiles.
- Compares suppliers, offers and submits best proposal to requester when necessary. Warehouse Supervision
- Ensures constant respect of ICRC rules & regulations as well as hygiene and warehousing standards as per the guideline.
- Monitors access to and assumes responsibility for restricted stock (sensitive drugs, etc.).
- Ensures stored goods’ condition (aeration, cooling, pile rotation, fumigation, etc.).
- Monitors stored goods’ condition, and their stock management activities.
- Monitors stock levels, conduct a sudden stock count, facilitates regular inventory (monthly, mid-year and annual) and give early warning about potential stock-outs when necessary.
- Supervise and appraise all the warehouse staffs including warehouse supervisor and monitor their daily, weekly or monthly action plan, duties and activities.Fleet
- In line with fleet manager identifies the Del. needs in terms of vehicles and generators and the dimension of the fleet according to identified needs, taking physical (e.g., context) and financial (e.g., budget) constraints into account.
- Closely monitors and supervise usage and condition of fleet’s vehicles and generators.
- Ensures all fleet and related duties, activities and responsibilities are functioning as per the rules and guideline put in place.
- Provides administrative support whenever needed (especially in case of accidents).
- Ensures all the procedures for replacement and disposal of vehicles, ordering spare parts, maintenance, and waste disposal are executed as per the procedures in collaboration with vehicle fleet manager.
- Ensures all the safety and security rules, field trip requests are exercised as per the procedure put in place
- Supervises, monitor, appraise and support vehicle fleet manager and subordinates under vehicle fleet manager.Import and Export
- Ensure all the main activities of import export executed based on the nature of shipments and special requirements of import permit namely for medical and radio materials, as per the procedure and manual.
- All ICRC shipments are safely and timely collected at the port of entry.
- Ensure all the necessary documents are provided to concerned authorities and freight forwarding agents.
- Ensures and monitor personal effect import export shipments.
- Supervises and appraise import export officer and messenger.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under supervision. And makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under supervision, but also other staff members.
- Organizes regular meetings within the team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under supervision in personal development by coaching and advising on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Takes responsibility for own professional learning and development.
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC’s activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
- Will replace logistics country manager during absence because of different personal and professional reasons.
- Will be engaged in any duties and responsibilities assigned by ICRC when requested and necessary.
- Job Requirements
- University degree (Bachelors or technical degree in logistics) or equivalent experience.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of specialized software.
- 6 years’ experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics.
- ICRC field experience an asset.
- Experience managing a small to medium-sized team.
The post Logistician 2 at The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.