Surely, we all love and admire Barack Obama. His charismatic personality, overwhelming aura, and his incredible years of the presidency have made all of his fans. Here we are sharing with you some interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama that we hope you all will like.
? Personal Facts
Learning about the personal life of an incredibly famous and successful person is always extremely important. It gives you a sneak a peek of their humble background and the vintage point of their life. And knowing what struggles they had to go through to achieve this success is exceptionally motivational and interesting. Similarly, interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama and his personal life will make you learn how he got his life started.
? When is the Birthday of Obama?
Obama was born on August 4, 1961.
? Where was he Born?
The birthplace of Barack Obama in Honolulu, Hawaii.
? Who were the Parents of Obama?
Obama’s mother was born on November 29, 1942, in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. She moved with her parents to Hawaii in 1960, as her parents ventured their business there. She met Barack Obama, Sr. at the University of Hawaii in Manoa, where they both were enrolled in a course together. There they started dating. He was the first African American student to be enrolled in this university ever. And on February 2, 1961, they got married regardless of disapproval from Ann’s parents. Barack Obama Jr. was born after six months of their marriage.
? Where did Obama get his Education?
Barack Obama got his degree with a Bachelor of Arts from Columbia University in 1983 with a major in English literature and political science (with specialization in international relations). Then after a break of 5 years, he enrolled in Harvard Law School in 1988 and got his degree completed in 1991. During his 5 years of break, he did not remain empty-minded rather he worked as a market researcher and community organizer. Both these jobs remarkably put a great impact on his communication skills, research skills, and overall mental power.
? What are the names of Obama’s daughter?
Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have two daughters named Natasha, called Sasha, and younger Malia.
? Employment History
Now let’s take a look at the employment-related interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama. Like that of personal facts, the employment record of Barack Obama is worth knowing as apart from becoming the president, he had also handsomely earned from different careers. Let’s take a quick look into the employment history of Barak Obama.
? Teaching Career
After graduating from Harvard Law School, Barack Obama started teaching at the University of Chicago Law School. He continued this job from 1992 to 2004.
Working as a Community Organizer
Barack Obama started working to improve awareness among African Americans about their rights. During his teaching career, Barack Obama ran an Illinois’ Project Vote. The main goal of this campaign was to register previously unregistered African American voters of Illinois. This campaign got 150,000 people registered. In 1993, Barack Obama worked as Director of the Developing Communities Project. This project catered eight Catholic Parishes located on the South of Chicago.
? Joining a Law Firm
In the same year, 1993, Obama started working with a law firm that took cases in civil rights litigation. He worked as an associate for the first three years and then for the next 8 years appointed as counsel.
? Becoming an Author
Most of the interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama are immensely inspirational and motivational for people from all backgrounds. Obama becoming an author has inspired millions and with his wise words and incredible storytelling skills, the reader dwells into his writings right away.
Obama has the honor of being the first black editor for the Harvard Law Review. His impressive experience in the field of law and his remarkable talent made him popular and he was asked to write a book himself.
Obama’s first book was his autobiography that was published in 1995 with the title, “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance”. In this book, Obama penned down sorrows, joys, regrets, and unforgettable memories of his stay in Honolulu. If you wish to read Obama’s book then check out the following reads. These books open up black lives in America incredibly.
1. The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
2. Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
3. Of Thee, I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
4. Change We Can Believe In Barack Obama’s Plan to Renew America’s Promise
5. Yes, We Can! A Salute to Children
6. The State of Black America 2007: Portrait of the Black Male
7. After Osama Bin Laden: America’s New Counterterrorism Strategy
? Staring the Family
Barack and Michelle LaVaughn Robinson worked together at the Sidney Austin Law firm. They starting dating soon after their first meeting as their personalities clicked right away. They got married on October 3, 1992, in a pleasant ceremony.
Michelle and Obama have to daughters, Malia Ann and Natasha. Malia was born on July 4, 1998, and Sasha/ Natasha was born on June 10, 2001.
? Political Career
Barack Obama’s political career is astounding. Interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama and his political career are mind-wobbling and inspirational.
In 1996, Obama got elected for the Illinois Senate where he represented Chicago’s southern side. On this seat, Barack Obama provided his support for many important laws including health care, ethics, child care, predatory mortgage lending, and childcare.
? Becoming the President of the United States
Barack Obama first announced his candidacy for the office of president on February 10, 2007. This was an amazing day for America as a whole and African Americans specifically. He competed for several democrats including, his now great supporter, Hillary Clinton.
Obama was sworn in the office of president on January 20, 2009. This was a historic day for America and the whole world. He was the first African American president.
Barack Obama was just 47 years old when he took the oath. This made him 5th youngest president to be elected in the political history of the United States.
He ran for the second term as well and got reelected in November 2012. He competed against Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He took the oath of the office for the second term on January 20, 2013.
? What is Net Worth of Barack Obama in 2020?
According to the GoBanking Rates, the net worth of Barack Obama is 40 million USD.
? Inspirational and Motivating Words of Barack Obama for The Americans and People All Around the Globe
Barack Obama’s personality is charming, charismatic, influential, interesting, and captivating. He knows the magic of grabbing people’s attention and getting things done in the right way and his way. The interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama and the influence of his words on the minds of people is amazing. Here, with some of his most famous quotes, we wanted to show you a glimpse of his enigmatic personality.
• “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
• “One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.”
• “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”
• The interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama are incomplete without sharing his take on the most important issues for people. Like he said, “Hope is not blind optimism. It’s not ignoring the enormity of the task ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path. It’s not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it, and to work for it, and to fight for it. Hope is the belief that destiny will not be written for us, but by us, by the men and women who are not content to settle for the world as it is, who have the courage to remake the world as it should be.”
• “I’m inspired by the people I meet in my travels–hearing their stories, seeing the hardships they overcome, their fundamental optimism and decency. I’m inspired by the love people have for their children. And I’m inspired by my own children, how full they make my heart. They make me want to work to make the world a little bit better. And they make me want to be a better man.”
• “In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.”
• “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
• “Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failures along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure because you won’t. it’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”
• “We are reminded that, in the fleeting time we have on this Earth, what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame, but rather how well we have loved and what small part we have played in making the lives of other people better.”
• “Keep exploring. Keep dreaming. Keep asking why. Don’t settle for what you already know. Never stop believing in the power of your ideas, your imagination, your hard work to change the world.”
• “When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything, you just let them talk.”
• “Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. I do that every day. Asking for help isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength. It shows you have the courage to admit when you don’t know something, and to learn something new.
• “What we can do is to live out our lives as best we can with purpose, and love, and joy. We can use each day to show those who are closest to us how much we care about them and treat others with the kindness and respect that we wish for ourselves. We can learn from our mistakes and grow from our failures. And we can strive at all costs to make a better world.”
Barack Obama has always preached love and kindness along with believing in yourself and playing your part in shaping up the society.
• “Learning to stand in somebody else’s shoes, to see through their eyes, that’s how peace begins. And it’s up to you to make that happen. Empathy is a quality of character that can change the world.”
• “If you only think about yourself – how much money can I make, what can I buy, how nice is my house, what kind of fancy car do I have? – over the long term, I think, you get bored. I think your life becomes diminished. The way to live a full life is to think: What can I do for others?”
• “Mothers are the rocks of our families and a foundation in our communities. In gratitude for their generous love, patient counsel, and lifelong support, let us pay respect to the women who carry out the hard work of motherhood with skill and grace, and let us remember those mothers who, though no longer with us, inspire us still.”
• “For too many of us, it’s become safer to retreat into our own bubbles, whether in our neighborhoods or on college campuses, or places of worship or especially our social media feeds, surrounded by people who look like us and share the same political outlook and never challenge our assumptions. And increasingly, we become so secure in our bubbles that we start accepting only information, whether it’s true or not, that fits our opinions, instead of basing our opinions on the evidence that is out there.”
• “The public school system is not about educating black children. Never has been. Inner-city schools are about social control. Period. They’re operated as holding pens—miniature jails, really. It’s only when black children start breaking out of their pens and bothering white people that society even pays any attention to the issue of whether these children are being educated.”
• “The future must not belong to those who bully women. It must be shaped by girls who go to school and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons.”
• “Don’t just buy a new video game, make one.
Don’t just download the latest app, help design it.
Don’t just play on your phone, program it.”
• “Every single one of you has something you’re good at. Every single one of you has something to offer. And you have a responsibility to yourself to discover what that is. That’s the opportunity an education can provide.”
• “We don’t ask you to believe in our ability to bring change, rather, we ask you to believe in yours.”
• “There’s only one thing we can be sure of, and that is the love that we have — for our children, for our families, for each other. The warmth of a small child’s embrace — that is true. The memories we have of them, the joy that they bring, the wonder we see through their eyes, that fierce and boundless love we feel for them, a love that takes us out of ourselves, and binds us to something larger — we know that’s what matters. We know we’re always doing right when we’re taking care of them when we’re teaching them well when we’re showing acts of kindness. We don’t go wrong when we do that.”
? Lovely Remarks of Barack Obama About Michelle Obama and their Successful marriage
Michelle and Barack share an interesting, fun, and intimate relationship. Their love life is extraordinary and inspires millions of hearts all around the globe. Here are some interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama and Michelle Obama’s marriage that they have shared with people in the various interview.
• As we have told you earlier that Barack and Michelle worked together in a law firm, where their love blossomed. Obama here is sharing a sweet memory of their first kiss. He said, “We were at a law firm together, I was a Summer associate, she was already practicing law. I had been sort of eying her for a while, but she was acting real professional. Finally, I wear her down a little bit and I say, we’re coming back from a firm picnic and I said, ‘Well let’s go get some ice cream.’ We went to Baskin-Robbins on 53rd Street in Chicago, she bought chocolate, I don’t remember what I bought. They didn’t have any seats in the store so we sat out on a curb on a Summer day and had ice cream, and that’s when I asked her if I could kiss her.” Wow! Their love story had just started with a bag and it still blooming and blossoming beautifully.
• Barack Obama has always said that whatever he is today can never have happened if Michelle had not been with him. He gives a lot of credit to the love of his life. Sharing the significance of Michelle in his life, Obama said, “Obviously I couldn’t have done anything that I’ve done without Michelle. . . . not only has she been a great first lady, but she is also just my rock. I count on her in so many ways every single day.” Surely so, Michelle has not only proved herself rock for Barack, but his motivational speaking power and great ventures have inspired millions of women all around the globe.
• Barack Obama considers marrying Michelle the best thing he has done in his life. As he said, “If you were going to list the 100 most popular things that I have done as president, being married to Michelle Obama is number one.” That is such a great thing and it shows how important they both are for each other.
• While describing his marital life and how they both used to cope up with everyday stuff, Barack Obama said, “Michelle was trying to figure out, OK, if the kids get sick why is it that she’s the one who has to take time off of her job to go pick them up from school, as opposed to me? What I tried to do was to learn to be thoughtful enough and introspective enough that I wasn’t always having to be told that things were unfair.” This is an incredible message to give to all the young girls and boys, and also to the new parents. This is the basics of life and we all must have empathy for our partner.
There you go! We are quite excited to share interesting and fun facts about Barack Obama and hope that you’ve liked reading them a lot. Share the most interesting fact or your favorite quote with your friends and family, and light up their day as well.