Wako Gutu Foundation (WGF) is an Ethiopian development organization, originating from a network of volunteers who wanted to bring enduring change to the livelihood of marginalized pastoralist and agro-pastoralist communities in the pastoralist and agro-pastoralist regions in Ethiopia. WGF was established as a local NGO in 2006 in memory of General Wako Gutu,” an Ethiopian pastoralist elder and a peace and justice activist” to undertake integrated, sustainable and community based projects at the border between the Oromia agro-pastoralist and Somali pastoralist communities in the adjacent districts. The organization has firsthand experience in working with pastoral community and has developed proven experiences in changing the lives of pastoral and agro-pastoralist communities through different cost effective and innovative approaches in solving critical community problems for the last ten years since its inception. The organization was registered with the Ministry of Justice of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in August 2007 and re-registered as an Ethiopian Resident NGO under recently enacted civil society agency Ethiopia with certificate number 0457 and same name.
The General Accountant, working closely with the project staffs, Finance and Support Services staff at country office, is responsible for cash management, documentation and making authorized payments.
General Accountant, the incumbent will collaborate with the project team in the field and head office staffs and provides a comprehensive and effective financial, administrative service to the project field office and HO. The General Accountant will assist the project office and Head office team in ensuring that well supported in all areas of Finance & administration, contributing to the work efficiency of the organization.
- Ensure the availability of adequate petty cash as per the limit stated in the financial guidelines of WGF.
- Prepare payment vouchers and effect payment as approved by the responsible person designated;
- Make sure that vouchers are checked and approved by responsible person before effecting the payments;
- Handle payments and receipts and processes according to the established rules and procedures;
- Facilitate field travel;
- Keep complete and accurate documentation;
- Record the day to day transactions on Cash Book and submit to Operation and Finance Manager;
- Assist procurement and Liaison Officer /PLO/ for purchase, receiving and Issuing store goods/items
- Assist and support Finance, HR, PLO and Admin staffs on administration issues.
Relations with Others:
- Reports and is accountable to Operation and Finance Manager and close working relationships with other Finance and Program staffs.
- One year with possibility of extension
Person Specification – Selection Criteria
- University degree in accounting with at least 4 years of experience or equivalent experience for BA degree and 6 years for Diploma holding
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience in administrative activities in a busy office environment and compiling monthly information.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English, Oromipha, Amharic language
- Ability to manage filing systems quickly and systematically
- Use of excel, word processing, email is a requirement
- Experience in using of accounting software (QuickBooks, Peachtree,) is requirement
- Experience in Non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Knowledge of development, relief and rehabilitation issues.
The post General Accountant at Wako Gutu Foundation appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.