Overall responsibility of recording accounting transactions, field office financial management, monitoring of cash inflow and outflow, budget.
- Reviews payment requests to verify that all the necessary supporting documents have been attached and that the payments are for eligible expenditures as per the grant agreement.
- Makes sure that all payments are made after approval has been obtained from the designated official.
- To monitor checks are used sequentially, appropriately and completed accurately.
- Checks cash payment vouchers and the related documents submitted by the cashier for replenishment are accurately and reconciled with the documents and the cash count.
- Ensure that all cash operation procedures and internal controls are closely followed.
- Records all cash in office, petty cash, adjustment and bank transactions on the excel format using the accurate codes.
- At the end of the month or at any appropriate shorter interval
- Preparation of Bank and Cash Reconciliation for field office on a monthly basis
- Reconciles bank balance as per records with the balance on bank statement (Prepare Bank Reconciliation),
- Investigates and explains any difference arising from the reconciliation, if any.
- Send all original financial documents, scan document and accurate financial report prepared in excel format twice in a month.
- Provide training on IRC financial policy rules and procedures.
- Ensures that the established control systems for assets acquisition, handling and utilization are consistently applied.
- Checks that vehicle fuel consumption is within normal limits by comparing the mileage with the corresponding fuel consumption.
- Tracks the status of personal advances and ensures their timely settlement.
- Make sure the Authorization Schedule issued is in place and appropriated logistics/procurements are completed and committed.
- Make sure taxes and any other liabilities paid timely.
- Ensure all balance sheet payables and receivables are cleared on time and respond if any comment regarding of balance sheet every month.
- Coding all the transaction accurately on the Finance vouchers as per approved PR.
- Ensure the fulfillment of all financial documents (Collections and disbursements) is as per the IRC audit requirement.
- Clearing all grant online BVA commitments every month and check the online payment “mark as paid” on time.
- Responsible for staff development under direct supervision.
- As part of his/her supervision responsibility, set and cooperate with the Finance Assistant Key performance objectives for each financial year in line with the Department goals.
- Provide the Finance Assistant conducive work environment; business tools, support and relevant training necessary for them to perform their work.
- Monitor the performance of the Finance Assistant through the year providing regular feedback on progress towards meeting agreed objectives and any improvement needed.
- Conduct an annual performance evaluation.
- Any other tasks assigned by immediate supervisor
- Graduate level degree in relevant field (Accounting, Accounting and Finance) preferred.
- 3-2 years’ previous work experience required; humanitarian sector experience preferred.3 years’ experience for degree holder and 2 years for post plus graduates.
- Operating excel, Word and Access is required. Knowledge of Sun Accounting system and/or other accounting software is helpful
- Experience working in remote and hardship areas.
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Positive and professional attitude, able to coordinate, maintain composure and prioritize work, coordinating multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
The post Finance Officer at International Rescue Committee (IRC) appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.