Ethiopian Catholic Church Social Development Commission Coordinating Branch office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization having Social Development activities in the Vicariate of Meki. The Social Development activities are carried out under the Social and Development Commission Branch Office.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social & Development Commission Branch Office of Meki needs to employ personnel on the following Job areas.
|The Finance Officer is a focal person for projects under him/her and responsible to ensure the overall coordination, leading and supervision of respective projects. FO must also ensure compliance to policies, procedures, donors’ and local government requirements. The FO serves as an advisor to the leadership on matters relating to financial management. The FO prepares financial information and interprets results to promote good stewardship and manage risks.|
The Finance Officer ensure advances received are properly accounted for and liquidated within the established deadlines
Key /Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Disbursements & Reviewing Liquidation Documents
- Reviewing liquidations, ascertains costs incurred are allowable, allocable within project period, and in line with approved budget line item, agreement and ECC SDCBOM policies.
- Makes sure that all documents presented for liquidation are accurate, valid, original and cross referenced.
- Regularly follow up the timely submission/justification of questioned costs by communicating partner and program staff.
- Review receivable accounts to be accurate, complete and facilitate for settlement as per the ECC SDCBOM policy and procedure.
- Prepare disbursements to disburser, cashier and other internal & externals users for complete, valid documents from the right project code respect to ECC SDCBOM policies and procedure.
- Ensure withholding tax, staff income tax computations are correctly calculated and are settled on time.
- Ensure that ECC SDCBOM settle payroll liabilities each month to the respective organizations to avoid grant related liabilities.
- Maintains separate files for respective project and by partner, complete with all the necessary documents (approved project budget, budget amendments, grants agreements, information on opening and closing dates of projects).
- Prepare VAT receivable claims for USAID projects & follow to complete the refund forms as required.
- Maintain vendor agreements in their proper category and refer to them while making payments.
Budgeting and Budget Management
- Work closely with program staff in the development of new budgets while ensuring accuracy, completeness and reasonableness of budgets.
- Ensure the use of correct templates, respect donor requirements while preparing budget.
Term of Employment:
- One year with possibility extension
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education & Experience
- BA /BSc Degree in Accounting or from a recognized institution
- 2 years’ work experience
- NGO experience is more preferable
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Word and Access.
- Knowledge of ECC SDCBOM finance, accounting, and budgeting policies, procedures and standards preferred.
- Experience with accounting systems required; Quick books or Peachtree accounting experience preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Afan Oromo reading and understanding is mandatory
- Training and knowledge of USG Financial Management regulations
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of ECC SDCBOM and used by each staff working in emergencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
Agency wide competencies
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Develops Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
The post Finance Officer at Ethiopian Catholic Church Social Development Coordinating office of Meki (ECC-SDCOM) appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.