- Purpose of the job
To undertake quality and professional works on the study, design and development of ground water resources and ensure sustainability, WASH governance and water quality management of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented by the program in the project area. In addition, the position will manage the activities implemented by the project particularly related to ground water resource assessment, study & design works of the drilling activities, develop and review contract documents & BOQ for the contract, Manage the data collection & analysis of Schemes for rehabilitation, WASH scheme administration & OM, Capacity building of WASHCo’s, Facilitate water utility establishment, water quality assessment, etc.
· Lead proper planning, implementation and monitoring of Study and design, Drilling supervision, Drilling contract Administration, Capacity building for WASH governance and sustainability · Manage groundwater resource assessments and detail investigation in partnership with government zonal and district water and mines offices. · Manage the sustainability and governance of water schemes · Water quality assessment and management of newly constructed and rehabilitated schemes with WVE Water Quality focal person · Review and comment the study and design of ground water development project documents. · Manage and develop and review trainings materials and guidelines for WASHCo’s, WaSH Federations and utilities establishment with concerned government parts · Manage, develop and review detail specification of drilling supplies, pumps and pumping test supplies based on the study design document. · Work in close collaboration with HO drilling team and Water Quality focal person to handle schedules for the FY · Financial management of drilling and WASH governance related budget · Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, child protection, disability and peace building.
· Educational level required: M.Sc. in Hydro geology
· Preferred: M.Sc in Hydro geology with 5 years’ experience in the study and design of ground water sources, WASH Governance and management, and use of geophysical instrument.
· Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (Word and, Excel).
Other: NGO experience is preferred
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (Well site selection, use of geophysical instruments and WASH GovernanceWork Environment
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field
The post Drilling and WASH Governance Manager at World Vision Ethiopia appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.