Under the general supervision of the finance manager, the Cost Accountant is responsible for Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor. … Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Assists to determine actual costs of manufacturing or providing a service, scrutinizing associated company expenses, analyzing profitability and preparing budget.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the superior.
- Finance manager
- BA degree in accounting
- 2 years related to cost accountant experience
The post Cost Accountant at Cheshire Ethiopia appeared first on JobWeb Ethiopia.