The Administrative Manager is responsible to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and control all administrative issues pertaining to Human Resource, Property and General Services Administration, Fleet Management and Procurement Operations of the Centre. The job holder will be part of HoA-REC Management Team and will involve in ensuring that good quality administrative systems are established and maintained. S/He will be responsible for providing backstopping to the overall administrative issues as well as providing strategic guidance to programmes/project officers and or teams regarding the Centre’s administrative management. S/He will also closely work with relevant programme, project and units of the Centre.
- Ensures effective and efficient work flow in the different administrative units of the Centre and maintains entirely functional administrative network ;
- Prepares human resource, property, general services , fleet management and procurement guidelines, establishes efficiently working system/workflow and implements the same when approved;
- S/he will provide required technical, administrative and policy guidance by applying strategic planning and systematic coordination mechanisms;
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs activities related to human resource, fleet, property, general services and procurement management;
- Sees to it that the annual budget for administrative issues is prepared and submitted on time;
- Ensures and supervises that the approved budget is properly implemented;
- Approves expenditures on the basis of delegated authority given to him/her;
- Checks whether all the necessary administrative internal controls are available as per the rules and regulations;
- Analyzes administrative information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provides strategic recommendations and maintains solutions to problems;
- Facilitates effective administrative management and the effective application of the SAP based management systems;
- Ensures strict application of the automated SAP system;
- Facilitates results based administrative and personnel management system;
- Represents the Centre with regard to administration issues with third party;
- Facilitates the recruitment processes of full-time staffs for programmes/projects;
- Ensures that the recruitment and selection of employees is based on the Centre’s rules and procedures;
- Ensures administrative support is provided in all aspects, assists and advises the staff in the areas of office management and day-to-day administrative matters;
- Supervises administrative staff of the Centre and branch offices;
- Sees to it that properties of the Centre are properly registered and managed, and administers and controls the property of the Centre;
- Ensures all government policies, rules and regulations are maintained and properly adhered in all operations of the Centre and Network;
- Manages all contractual agreements associated with network implementing/members, development partners and programmes/projects of the centre;
- Develops procurement procedures, processes and plans in line with existing policies and contractual requirements;
- Coordinates material and resources allocation, or assures that implementing partners have appropriate procedures in place;
- Prepares and submits periodic reports; and
- Undertakes all other related duties as may be required.
Education :A Master’s degree and above in business administration;management or relevant discipline.
Relevant Work Experience : At least 10 years experience with proven track record of administrative managerial position for organizations executing regional or international programmes involving multiple disciplines and partners from the public, civil society organization; private and non-governmental sectors in the Horn of Africa.
Duty station: Addis Ababa and it may require frequent travel throughout Horn of Africa region
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through the following Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in your CV, relevant credentials and recommendation/support letters in pdf format and please write the position that you are applying for on the subject line.
Applications can also be hand-delivered to:
AAU-HoA-REC&N Branch Office
Addis Ababa University
College of Natural and Computational Sciences
Arat Kilo Campus
Post Graduate Building (DMS Building)
9th Floor, Room Number 903
Our office is open from 8.30 AM to 12.30 Noon & 1.30 PM to 5.00 PM, Monday to Friday
Deadline for Application: January 10, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted